- This is my third summer as volunteer coordinator for vacation Bible school... since we will have 500 kids, we need around 250 volunteers! VBS starts Sunday, so I have been putting in quite a few hours (each day) getting ready. I am looking forward to it being another awesome week!
- I have been working on a new custom album project! I am in the middle of making a baby book for a new client. I love these projects, and feel so blessed and honored to do them. When I went to meet with the mom, it turned out that her little girl (the subject of the baby book) is in the Sunday school class my husband & I teach twice a month!
- I finished a wedding album for my brother! It is a 35-page hardcover StoryBook that I think turned out pretty well. Their 3rd anniversary will be in September. They haven't done anything with their pictures, so I offered to make them a book. After I finished, I shared the link with my mom, and she liked it so much that she ordered a copy for herself!
- My little girl turned 10 last week! And tomorrow night we are hosting her first-ever sleepover for 6 of her closest friends! I should be baking cupcakes right now....
- I am doing a side job editing a website for an attorney friend of ours. I have a few more pages to get through, but somehow have not found the time this week to finish it up. Then I am supposed to help them with some office brochures, and standardized letters for their staff to send out.
- I am having at least one workshop a week in my home for my album-making friends this summer. This week I had two! I am so proud of Bonnie... she just finished her first scrapbook of her son's kindergarten year!!! Her son is going to be a senior in high school next year and she wants all his albums done by then. I am dedicated to helping her accomplish that, so she is coming as often as she can this summer.
- My most important priority, however, is caring for my family... loving my husband, enjoying my children, keeping the house running, the clothes washed, and meals cooked, and the budget balanced. It's really the only job I've ever wanted.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Lazy days of summer?
I have been noticably absent from my own blog. This summer has just been so busy. A few weeks ago I was busy getting things completed and organized to go on vacation... then we had our wonderful vacation... and the last week, now two, has been jam-packed. I'll list a few things on my plate right now, that I would love to go into more detail about, but for now I will just hit the highlights: