Saturday, June 6, 2009

Creative Memories is Discontinuing Page Sizes!


Have you used Creative Memories albums and pages in the past? In business for over 20 years, Creative Memories has helped countless families tell their stories. High-quality, photo-safe albums that exceed industry standards all carry a lifetime guarantee.


In February of 2008, Creative Memories updated the sizes: our 12" albums became True 12x12 albums, and 7x7" albums became 8x8". Our original albums have a reinforced edge along the page sides that took up some of the usable area. In order to use a 12x12 sheet of paper on the page, about 1/2" of the paper would have to be trimmed off. Our new albums solve that issue! All pages in the True 12x12 size now have a full 12x12 usable page area. Great news!!!

If you are just starting out with album-making, this doesn't affect you too much. Just use the new products, the True 12x12 or 8x8 Coversets and Page Refills! However, if you have any older albums, now is the time to take stock of what you have and figure out what you need to finish them!



August 2009 is the last month that the Original 12" and 7x7" Creative Memories Album Refill Pages and Page Protectors will be produced. After that, these items will be sold on a "while supplies last" basis.


Click on this link to get a handy Album Completion Form. This form will help you to determine what else you need to complete your albums. As you fill it out, here are some questions to ask yourself:
  1. How many Original Creative Memories Albums do I have that are not completed?

  2. What size are they?

  3. How many Page Refills and Page Protectors do I need to finish these albums?

  4. How many Page Refills do I have on hand?

  5. How many Page Protectors do I have on hand?

  6. What else do I need?

  7. What do I need to order?

Generally, I put 2 or 3 Page Refill sets in my 12" albums. A set of refills is 15 sheets (30 pages). I don't recommend having more than 90 pages, or 3 Page Refills, in your 12" album. For a 7x7 album, 2 Page Refills, or 48 pages (24 sheets) is the max. Page Protectors are sold in sets with the same quantity as Page Refills: 15 Page Protectors in the 12" size, and 12 Page Protectors in the 7x7 size.


Here is some great news!! Through June 30, 2009, Creative Memories is offering a free Tape Runner in our Finish It Up Bundles!!! When you order a bundle, you get a set of Page Refills in your choice of color, a set of Page Protectors, and a free Tape Runner adhesive ($7 value)! You can order as many bundles as you need. Of course you can also order Retiring Page Refills or Retiring Page Protectors separately.

If you have your own Creative Memories Consultant, you can order these products through him or her. If you don't I would be pleased to have you order through me. With secure online ordering, items will be shipped directly to you from Creative Memories. And, if you have any questions, leave me a comment. I am happy to help you out!

UPDATE: Creative Memories is currently producing original size 12" and 7x7" pages and page protectors!!! This particular post is getting a lot of spam comments, so I am closing comments. Feel free to email me at tcendejas at yahoo dot com if I can be of assistance to you.

3 comments:

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

I just linked to you in one of my posts. I love all the info on your blog.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Would youplease let me know if you can still get 7x7 page protectors? I need 20 packages.

Thanks,

Georgia Magnusson
gmagnusson@bankofutah.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin