Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pictures of Pictures


One of my friends was saying that she didn't have any photos of her mom that aren't digital. Trying to scan her pictures was too much trouble. So last week, when everyone was changing their profile pictures on Facebook to their mother's photo, she didn't participate.



Well, I have a fix for that! I often use my camera to take pictures of pictures.



I also use my camera to take photos of children's artwork, receipts, scrapbook page ideas, and other documents.




Now, if quality is really an issue, then scanning will yield the best results. But many things can be successfully photographed, quickly and easily.



This is especially nice to know when you have large, bulky artwork that won't fit in a scanner, or are out and about and want to capture a great idea. {It helps to have a nice, small camera and carry it with you!}




Here are my tips for taking photos of photos:

1. Set the camera on auto {or if you know how, engage the "macro" setting}
2. Turn off the flash
3. Place the document or photo on a flat surface in a well-lit area with indirect light
4. Position the camera so that you are looking straight down on the picture you are photographing
5. Zoom in, or get as close as possible
6. Hold the camera steady and take the photo


That's it! Let me know if this makes life easier for you!!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Super fantastic idea, Terri! I have done it before for some things, but really should take more photos of the kids' drawings & such that are not really forever keepers...thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin