Sunday, November 27, 2011

non-traditional tradition


Here is one of our post-holiday traditions! We scour the supermarkets looking for marked down fresh turkeys after the holiday is over. This year we {meaning Gil, who so graciously went out shopping for me!} found two 20lb turkeys for $.39 a pound. Since we ate our Thanksgiving dinner at the home of a friend, we didn’t have our own turkey leftovers. Which leads to another tradition… having to cook a second Thanksgiving meal just for our family!

Saturday we enjoyed our second Thanksgiving meal. And then I used the turkey to make my famous Green Chile Chicken {in this case, turkey} Enchiladas. They were yummy!!! {I’ll post that recipe soon.} The rest of the cooked meat from the turkeys will be frozen for future meals. I love a good deal!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin