Saturday, February 28, 2009

I have a devotional book that was given to me for my birthday last year by my dear friend Connie. It is called, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. The book is written as if Jesus was speaking right to me. This week, a couple of devotions especially spoke to my heart. I don't know if anyone else needs this encouragement, but I know I could visit these words over and over.

From February 21:
Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining, those sister sins that so easily entangle you.

Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain. Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts. Thus you focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. ~Colossians 2:6-7
But my eyes are fixed on You, O Sovereign Lord; in You I take refuge--do not give me over to death. ~Psalm 141:8

From February 22:
You need me every moment. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence. However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up. Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice---deep dependence on Me, or despair. The emptiness you feel within will either be filled with problems or with My Presence. Make Me central in your consciousness by praying continually: simple, short prayers flowing out of the present moment. Use My Name liberally, to remind you of My Presence. Keep on asking and you will recieve, so that your gladness may be full and complete.


...pray continually; ~1 Thessalonians 5:17
Until now you have not asked for anything in My Name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. ~ John 16:24

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin