Sunday, January 10, 2010

One last gift...

I know it is the New Year, and Christmas is well behind us. But I have to share about the sweetness of my family. We had a nice, quiet Christmas. It was low-key, and low-budget, but lovely. After we were all done with gifts, we enjoyed our traditional Christmas morning breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls. I went upstairs for a few minutes, and when I came down, my family presented me with one last, little gift.



You see, I had been saving up some gift cards I had received for my birthday in order to buy a new camera since I have been without my own for a while now. Not a tricked-out-camera-of-my-dreams, just a basic point & shoot that takes decent photos. As Christmas approached, I realized that I needed to use those gift cards, instead, to buy presents for my family. An easy sacrifice to make, actually.



So what did my family do? They got together, Christmas morning after unwrapping gifts, and wrapped up the gift cards they got for Christmas, and gave them to me! They sacrificed their chance to shop for their own goodies, just so I could get a camera. I was so touched.

I had to wait a couple weeks, but Friday I was able to go pick up my new camera! I would have been happy with this camera in any color, truly. I was thrilled when I went to buy a silver camera and they said I had a choice... and I chose pink! Thank you, sweet family, thank you!


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
~James 1:17


I am hosting a Giveaway through 1/24/10... click here for details!

11 comments:

Patricia said...

how beautiful and touching!
God bless you and your family!!!
enjoy your camera and i look forward to seeing many pictures

Jenny said...

Oh how sweet!!! Your family is just precious!!! LOVE your new camera--and I especially love that it's PINK!!!! I know you will have LOTS of fun with it!

Kim said...

Terri,
Thank you for the tears this morning. What a sweet, sweet sacrifice from your children. What you and Gil must be teaching them. Life's lessons are best learned when they actually SEE them...and I know they have seen the sacrifices both you and Gil have made while you both had to totally rely on Him while there was little or no employment. Your children have seen how you have sacrificed for their well-being and now they in-turn were able to give back to you!

Melanie said...

Terri, that is the most precious example of giving! What a sweet, sweet family! And I LOVE the new camera! We had a Canon Digital Elph (actually we have had 2 over the past 10 years) and have loved them! That pink color rocks!

Dawn said...

is truly beautiful. and it shows that they have the heart of their mother. kind of like three gifts in one :) merry christmas to you!

Amy said...

How wonderful. What an amazing gift. It is so touching when our children make sacrifices to us. It helps me realize that they really are learning. Thank you for sharing this touching story.

Corinne Cunningham said...

That is so sweet! What wonderful kids you have (and I'm envious of your pink camera! Too cute!)

Unknown said...

Love love that!
And as a mom, I can' imagine how touched you were.

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

How special! You've got some seriously sweet kids, though I'm sure you've known that for a while.

Be encouraged that yoru had something to do with that great character they displayed! ;)

Visiting you from Chatting At the Sky today...

Scooper said...

Terri,

That is absolutely beautiful. Those kids of yours sure do love their mama! Happy shooting! Oh and I love that it's pink. : )

Traci Michele said...

Beautiful pics!

Oh, and I would oh so love a PINK CANNON!

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and nice to meet you,
Traci

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin