Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Weather Watch!

We are expecting some winter weather later today or tonight. Here in the south, that means that everyone is running to the grocery store for milk and bread. At about 8:15 this morning I wondered if I, too, should make a trip to the store. I thought about it for less than a minute.

I keep my grocery list going on a notepad on the fridge. As I am getting close to something running out, I write it down. I also try to make as few trips to the store as possible, because I find that I spend less money that way. I typically make one or two runs to Costco each month, usually on payday. I get most of my staples there, unless sale prices and coupons get me a better deal at the grocery store. My last trip to Costco was a week ago.

So right now, we have 3 gallons of milk and 3 dozen eggs in the fridge, as well as 4 loaves of bread in the freezer. I am also stocked up with plenty of meat and veggies in the freezer. The pantry is also well-stocked. So, no need to go to the store today! I am staying warm inside, and looking forward to a cozy weekend of scrapbooking, games, movies, and time with my family.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household; ~Proverbs 31:21a


{Made with Winter Solstice Digital Kit}

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Well...it looks like we did get some winter weather. I agree, it's a great day to stay warm and cozy inside!

Melanie said...

Glad you got to stay inside! Did you guys enjoy the ice day?

experiencias significativas said...

Great sharee

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin