Sunday, October 16, 2011

Youth University

Sunday evenings have been really fun for me, lately. I have the pleasure of co-leading a group of middle school girls in Sunday evening course as part of our church's Youth University program. I miss attending our Sunday night service, but I am really happy to be involved with our group of girls. They are 7th and 8th graders all interested in "Becoming a Young Woman God Can Use". I am blessed to be able to get to know them, and encourage them in their walk with the Lord.

It is also a blessing to share the leadership of this class with a sweet friend of mine. I admire her as a woman of God, wife, and mom. Some nights, I think I am learning as much as the girls are!

Tonight, we were talking about women we look up to and why. One of the girls said she really looks up to her YU leaders. She said that their faith in the Lord is inspiring to her. It was a wonderful compliment, especially since the girl was my daughter. Yep! Being involved with this class is definitely a blessing.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Aw, what a precious gift to be able to spend that time each week ministering to those girls, spending time with your girl & being a mentor to so many! You are a blessing, Terri, to everyone you meet! May the Lord richly bless you for serving Him so wholeheartedly!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin